August 30, 2010

Day 3

Today turned out to be a pretty nice day. It was a holiday in England and Dennis didn't have to work yet, so we took our time scouting out the way to his office and walking down Oxford street. We didn't buy anything (yet!), but we did find vegan food for lunch: baked potatoes filled with beans. It tasted better than it looked, but I hope we find some alternatives soon.

We walked all the way down until Marble Arch and then took a break to read a little and look at one of my favorite statues in London: the big horse head. ;D I have no idea why I like that thing so much, but in my opinion it beats all the naked dudes and ex-royals you see everywhere else...


Later we went to the Notting Hill Carnival. We didn't see much of the actual carnival, but we did walk through endless roads full of partying people and we saw a lot of Notting Hill. ;)






2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are not drowning in London rain right now :) Beautiful pictures, too! When do you start your internship?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope, we have lots of sunshine over here! I don't start working until monday. :D

    ReplyDelete