September 03, 2010

Day 7

Bad news: there's gonna be a major tube strike next week and I have no idea how to get to work on monday. Perfect timing, London - thank you. :(

Today I went shopping for a couple of presents and then spent two hours at Kensington Gardens. It took me at least one hour to find the Princess Diana Memorial Fountain and I was a little disappointed when I found out how lame that "fountain" looks. Not sure what I expected, but this was not it. :/


I spent the afternoon at the National Portrait Gallery and looked at old and contemporary portraits. My favorite was the portrait of Prince Harry & Prince William, cause it looks like the two of them lived in another time period.


The portrait of Jane Austen was a bit of a letdown, cause it was about as big as a postcard...

I'm ridiculously happy about the fact that I get to sleep in tomorrow. I've been getting up early every day to get used to it and to make the most of my time here, but I'm in serious need of sleep now.



1 comment:

  1. I saw the William & Harry portrait online a few weeks ago...and now I know why it fascinated me, exactly for the same reason! And yeah, I thought the Princess Diana Memorial Fountain was really disappointing; to top it off, they were doing construction on it while I was there.

    ReplyDelete