We decided to stay at home today to take care of the laundry and relax a little. The only time we left the house was to go to the supermarket. We normally shop at Sainsbury's, but today we decided to try out the local Waitrose which turned out to be a good idea, because we found vegetarian lasagna for me (finally!) and vegan icecream for Dennis. Some of the stuff at British supermarkets is seriously amazing. I can't believe they don't sell "TUC Cheese Sandwich" in Germany. I mean... there's cheese on the TUC cracker. How come nobody in Germany thought of that yet? Simple yet amazing. They also have different kinds of Haribo flavors over here.
The laundry detergent comes in little sachets. I don't think I've ever seen that in Germany before. They sell fresh peas in little bags and tiny cans of Ginger Ale. The bread is very weird - it's as soft as American bread, but looks very different. Hard to describe, maybe I should take some pics of that. The prices are also very different from German prices. You get plastic shopping bags for free and you get couscous and hummus very cheap, but you pay ridiculous amounts of money for toilet paper or kitchen paper rolls. What is up with that, England? Since I have some time today, I thought I'd write a little more about our roommates. We are sharing the house with two guys and two girls. It used to be three guys, but one of them moved out and a new girl moved in two days ago. The guy who seems to own the house is a musician called Justin. He is the lead singer and songwriter of his band and even has a little studio downstairs where he records his music. The other guy (Richard) is some sort of scientist. He seems to be the only person in the house with a normal job, but I'm not completely sure what he does. ;)The girl with the cats (yes, plural... turns out that she has two after all) is called Charly. All I know about her is that she used to work for Peta as well, but currently she's not working. The new girl is Shelly. She's American and apparently spending a year traveling around the world. Before she came to London, she actually volunteered in Cambodia. Everybody is pretty nice and since the others don't have to get up as early as we do, sharing the bathroom in the morning is not as bad as I thought it would be.
That's all I can think of right now. Any questions?
No comments:
Post a Comment